Most activities are open to the general public.
If you are interested in participating in any of them please Contact Us.
For events prior to 2018, visit the Archives.
Events for 2018
2017/18 Wooden Horse Arts Guild Annual Meeting
Sign up to attend!
Sunday, May 20, 2018 1 to 4:00 PM
Le Belvedere Restaurant - Newport, VT (in back of Hebard State Bldg.)
$24 per person includes Buffet Lunch, Door Prize(s)
- 1:00 - Browse thru Art books, Prints, Frames take what you like for a donation to WHAG Scholarship
- 1:15 - Call Meeting to Order
- Secretary Report (2016/17 Annual Meeting) – in Packet
- Treasurer’s Report – in Packet
- Explain Updated Bylaws (emailed to members in invitation)
- Vote Updated Bylaws – Members by voice vote
- Introduce 2018/19 Board Members Nominations &Vote 2018/19 Board Members for 3-year term
- 1:25 - Beth Chambers - Encore Coordinator, NCSU (After School Program)
- Camilla Mead - Photo Fun Contest News & Scholarship Update
- Other – TBA
- 2:00 - Light Lunch – Please do mix & mingle with our members, speakers & special guests
- 2:45 - Key Note Speaker - Sarah Mutrax – VT Arts Council - Artist and Community Programs Manager
- 3:15 Closing remarks & discussion
Art on the Fence
at 11th Annual Jay Summer Fest
Sat., August 11, 2018 Downtown Jay, VT
- Paintings/drawings (oil, acrylic, watercolor, pencil, pastel, experimental media)
- 3D Visual Art pieces – must be able to be hung on fence & no more than 8lb
To register complete the following form once for each work you would like to enter. To enter multiple works, click "Add to Cart" and then "Continue Shopping" at top right, then complete the form again for the next work. Maximum 3 entries per category.
- All work must be wired and properly ready for hanging on the fence, with Business Cards so visitors may
contact you should they want to purchase your pieces and/or see more of your work.
- All work must be original (no reproductions, copies or resale).
- Bring your works to the WHAG tent in front of the Jay Village Inn 8 & 9 a.m. to be tallied and placed on the
- Winners will be announced at 3:30 p.m. at the tent. Collect your work between 4 and 4:30 p.m.
- Up to three (3) entries per person with fee for each entry. • 1st Place Cash award for each Category; Ribbons for 2nd & 3rd ,
- VOTE for People’s Choice!
- WHAG Members: $8 per entry or $10 per entry which includes written critique by Pat Sanders, retired Visual
Arts Teacher NCUHS!
- Non-Member: $10 per entry or $12 per entry which includes written critique by Pat Sanders, retired Visual
Arts Teacher NCUHS!
- Application must be received by August 1, we cannot accept application day of event.
To mail payment offline, click here to print an offline application form.